Job opportunity - Catering Manager
Ourea Events is delighted to be recruiting for the position of Catering Manager with a view to the successful candidate taking on the following freelance work on site at locations across the UK:
|SILVA Great Lakeland 3Day||Lake District||29th April - 4th May 2021|
|Cape Wrath Ultra||Fort William to Durness, Scotland||19th May - 1st June 2021|
|Dragon's Back Race||Conwy to Cardiff, Wales||2nd - 13th September 2021|
|Skyline Scotland||Kinlochleven, Scotland||15th - 21st September 2021|
About Ourea Events
We’re a small (9-person) team organising the UK’s finest off-road running events including the Dragon’s Back Race®, Cape Wrath Ultra®, Salomon Skyline Scotland®, and the SILVA Great Lakeland 3Day™. We work year-round, primarily from a rural office near Kendal, and our passion is the outdoors.
The 2018 Cape Wrath Ultra event team ©Jimmy Hyland
Location: Flexible but with the requirement to travel to the Kendal office and event locations around the UK
Position type: Freelance contract
Anticipated start date: 2021 events as mentioned above
Applications open until: 22nd January 2021
We are looking for a Catering Manager who will manage all aspects of the catering across our events. The fixed event dates are outlined above however there will be additional days required to fulfil the planning and preparation work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Being the senior person responsible for the management of the catering team and delivery of the catering at each event. Including, coordinate with the Ourea team pre-event to ensure that the Catering Team (including both volunteers and professional staff) have the minimum qualifications (as defined by legislation, such as Food Health and Safety Hygiene Leven II) and suitable experience for their roles.
- Collaborating with the Ourea team and any external consultants (for example, Nutritional Consultant) to agree a menu for each event and a budget for any external suppliers.
- Provide overview, management and coordination of the menu and provision of catering services and supplies at each event.
- Research, source and coordinate all catering equipment purchases or hiring necessary for the delivery of the event menu. Thereafter, to make all necessary arrangements for their delivery and/or collection of these items at the Ourea Events office.
- Research, source and coordinate all wholesale food suppliers so that the components and ingredients necessary for the event menu are ordered in advance. Thereafter, to make all necessary arrangements for their delivery and/or collection of these components and ingredients immediately prior to an event at the Ourea Events office.
- Research, source and coordinate external caterers so that pre-made meals and/or components of the menu are ordered in advance. Thereafter, to make all necessary arrangements for their delivery and/or collection of these pre-made meals and/or components immediately prior to an event at the Ourea Events office.
- Whilst placing orders with external wholesale food suppliers and/or external caterers at all times to limit expenditure to the agreed budget.
- At all times to comply with all relevant legislation and established good practice relating to the provision of catering services, including maintaining a Hazards Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) system and Food Safety Management System (FSMS).
- At all times to work within the Food Safety Management Policy of Ourea.
- Take responsibility for the production of specific meals and meal components. In this instance these items are to be produced on the Contractors premises in advance of each event.
- Attend one contingency planning day per year.
- Attend additional meetings with the Ourea team necessary for the coordination, efficient and smooth delivery of each other’s obligations within this agreement.
- Food Hygiene Certificate - Level 3.
- Full UK Driving License.
Accepted by email with covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Informal questions are also welcome.
Interviews are expected to take place online in the week commencing Monday 25th January.