Berghaus Dragon's Back Race® 2019
UPDATE - EVENT TEAM FULL - Please get in touch if you are happy to go on a reserve list
Many thanks for considering helping at the Berghaus Dragon's Back Race® in May 2019
We are taking a NEW approach for recruiting the Event Team at this event, and ask that you apply for a specific role now, rather than us allocating you a role before the event. We believe that this will help set your expectations at this early stage, and ensure we have a happy event team to support the event in roles they are best suited to. Please find below information on the roles, how many spaces are available and what, if any, qualifications you will need to make it onto your chosen team.
- Medical Team (~10 spaces). Medical support for participants and Event Team, based from the Overnight Camps. Healthcare professionals only, such as doctors, nurses, paramedics, physiotherapists.
- First Response Team (~6 spaces). Emergency response to incidents on the course. Current mountain rescue team members with current Casualty Care qualification. We will consider people with significant outdoor qualifications such as MIA, MIC with higher level first aid qualification. Will need to drive their own or hire vehicle.
- Checkpoint Team (~10 spaces). Placing and collecting checkpoints on the course. Professional Outdoor qualification (such as Summer or Winter ML, IML, MIA, MIC) and/or, significant mountain navigational experience. Must have undertaken similar role before. Will need to drive their own or hire vehicle.
- Support Point Team (~10 spaces). Managing the daily support point. Essential to be able to drive an MPV hired by us. Previous volunteer experience important, and ideally having helped at a race support point before.
- Catering Team (~10 spaces). Supporting our regular catering team. Outside catering experience an advantage. Must be prepared to drive a hire vehicle.
- Main Camp Team (~40 spaces). Building and dismantling the Event Camps each day. Previous volunteer experience useful but not essential. Must be fit and healthy as this can be a physical role.
- Admin Team (6 spaces). Supporting the race administration. Highly organised with good attention to detail. Computer literate, technical IT knowledge useful.
- Electrical Team (2 spaces). Building the Camp electrics each day. Qualified electrician and/or significant relevant experience.
Team Leaders (8 spaces) If you feel you have the qualities to lead one of the teams, please indicate this on your application form.
Before completing the form below please:
- Check that you are happy with our Event Team Terms and Conditions (HERE) as you will need to agree to these before you can submit your application.
- Check the date information below and be certain you are available to help for the entire period.
|Team(s)||Role(s)||Required From||Required Until|
09:00 Saturday 18/05/19
12:00 Saturday 25/05/19
GETTING ON THE EVENT TEAM
Applications to join the Event Team at the Berghaus Dragon's Back Race® are usually over subscribed and we try to pick the very best people to help us deliver a world-class event. You are more likely the get on the Event Team if:
- You are willing to drive an event hire vehicle for the duration of the event
- You are willing to join any of the teams if your first choice is not possible
IMPORTANT NOTES / EXPECTATIONS
- You will be camping on the event site every night. If staying in your camper van is important to you then please do not volunteer.
- No friends or family can accompany you while you are volunteering with the event.
- There is a briefing for the entire Event Team at 09:00 on Saturday 18th May. It is essential that everyone attends.
- We will provide an Event Team campsite on Friday 17th, Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th in Conwy before the race starts.
- The Event Team will be required to use the transport provided by us to move between campsites. Use of own vehicles, including camper vans, is ONLY possible if agreed with us in advance. Any volunteer using their own vehicle should check that their insurance policy covers 'voluntary work'.
- We only accept Event Team applications from people who can commit to the entire time requirement shown above. Please don't think you can leave early at the end of the Event as this has a disproportionate impact on the ones left behind! It is essential that everyone stays until the end!